Polyethylene heat shrink tubing with a high 3:1 shrink ratio (80-26mm) of 1 metre in length, ideal for covering and protecting batteries due to the diameter of the tubing (8cm) and its shrinkage to one third of its original size. The adhesive liner of this tube, when fused, provides a watertight seal, which encapsulates the cable joints.
Its various applications include the following:
- Watertight encapsulation and sealing of cable joints.
- Electrical insulation.
- Environmental protection against moisture, dust and chemicals.
- Mechanical protection against abrasion on cables and small parts.
- Pulling protection at cable and connector joints to prevent damage caused by bending.
- Bundling and organisation of cables and tubes.
- Colour coding of cables and components.
- They do not act as a means of fire propagation.
- The fumes emitted are transparent and therefore do not obstruct vision.
- They do not cause irreversible damage to the health of persons exposed to the combustion gases of the cables for twenty minutes.